HIIT Workouts: My Favorite Way to Get in Shape

HIIT workouts

If you’ve tuned in to my new YouTube channel recently you will probably notice that I’ve added a number of HIIT workouts to my library. High Intensity Interval Training has always been a part of my fitness routine but lately I just can’t get enough of this fast paced, calorie burning workout. Here are just a few reasons why this is my favorite way to get in shape and why you may want to incorporate HIIT into your regular workout regime.

1. You can do it almost anywhere

HIIT workouts can be completely body-weighted or can incorporate minimal equipment such as a pair of dumbbells. This is ideal if you travel often or if you prefer to workout from home, or maybe your gym has limited equipment. Either way with my style of HIIT workouts I’m always sure that I can do them with both minimal space and equipment. When you can workout from pretty much anywhere it makes it pretty tough to come up with excuses 😉

Check out this completely body weighted HIIT workout

2. You don’t have to workout for hours

Because you are pushing yourself for maximum intensity and effort you don’t have to workout for hours. It’s like, get to the point and then get on with your day!

You only need 10 minutes to break a sweat with this workout:

3. It’s crazy effective

Just because you are only working out for shorter periods doesn’t mean you won’t get the results you are hoping for. In my personal experience I’ve achieved way better results through incorporating HIIT workouts than I ever have on a basic weight training and cardio split routine. I’m able to build lean muscle, improve my cardio, increase power and improve agility.

If you’re looking for a real challenge give this one a try:

4. You’ll never get bored

I get bored easily when it comes to working out. It’s easy for me to fall off track or lose interest if things aren’t changing every few weeks. Not to mention the plateau that my body hits when I’m not mixing things up enough. I typically design my HIIT workouts to be full body and introduce new exercises and work/rest combinations so that my body is always adapting.

This is a perfect one for those of you that get bored easily:

5. It’s suitable for all fitness levels

The term High Intensity can sometimes scare beginners off. But the best part about HIIT is that you get to choose the intensity level at which you work. This will be different for each individual so no matter if you are just starting out or you’ve been training for years you can make any HIIT workout more or less challenging by the amount of effort you put in, the type of weights you use or the work/rest combinations you use. As a beginner you may want to start with shorter bursts of intensity followed by longer periods of rest. As you advance you can perform the exact same workout but increase the amount of time you are putting in work and decrease your rest time. You can also bump up that intensity by adding weights/resistance to build even more strength and power.

This workout is a great place to start:

Have you tried incorporating HIIT into your workout routine or is this type of training new to you? Comment below – I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel as I will be posting new workouts there every week!

Happy Training 🙂

FREE 28 Day Challenge

Learn more

12 thoughts on “HIIT Workouts: My Favorite Way to Get in Shape

1. Danielle Jediny-Racies says:

Hi Heather,

I’ve been using your HIIT &. AB workouts on YouTube & I love them all. You are such a great instructor and your workouts so perfect! I’ve been a runner & biker for a long time but I’ve never been so excited to workout & I don’t get bored with your workouts. I’m very grateful to have found you & your work.

2. Teresa Walters says:

Hello Heather,
    I found your channel 2 weeks ago and starting working out with you. Your routines are challenging and I have been working out for years but not with your format of exercises. Adding weight while doing cardio is helping shed the belly fat. Amazing! Now, I look forward to exercising with you every morning!
    Thank you so much.

3. Kate says:

How many times per week is recommended to do HIIT? I just found your YouTube channel and am in love with your workouts! I was previously running 30 -45minutes 3 times a week + rock climbing. Thanks!!

4. Laura Burch says:

Hi Heather,
    I’ve been looking for new workouts, as I get bored with the same ol’ ones…and, after trying several other workouts, I’m SO glad to have come across yours. I absolutely love so much about them….I don’t get bored, I love the exercises you do, the variety of workouts, and I love that I still FEEL the workouts in my muscles afterwards, even after almost a month of working out with them 5 days a week. That impresses me. Keep doing what you’re doing! Absolutely fabulous! Thank you, so much.

5. Sara Puharich says:

I just found you yesterday and tried you HIIT with dumbbells. I loved the challenge and have saved a bunch of your videos to continue incorporating both HIIT and strength into my weekly routine as I prep for a Triathlon. Can’t wait to workout tomorrow.

6. Ganapathi says:

Hello…I just happened to watch your YouTube videos of fitness ..they are great with clarity and intensity…thank you very much..

7. sara says:

Hi Heather!

I am such a fan of your Channel and workouts! I really thank you for your amazing work that helps a lot to keep me motivated and not give up! I am just a bit lost about how often I should do each kind of workout. Is there a limit of HIIT workouts you can do in a week? What is the perfect combination or week schedule??

Again THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH

8. evqt says:

I’m having trouble with downloading any of the programs on my iPhone. I have tried to email support but it keeps asking me what 11×2? Is.
    (11repsx2times) right. Help anyone

9. Sherry says:

Hi Heather
    I found you website about 4 weeks ago. I’m currently working on the 28 day challenge. I started working your HITT routines in with my jogging. I’ve gotten comments about weight lost, and I can tell a difference in my clothes. I am grateful for having found your website. I really enjoy the workout challenges. Thanks for sharing!

10. Char says:

Hi Heather, found your workouts just this week and they are amazing- challenging- but amazing!.Just the motivation I needed. Love the HIIT and the music! Look forward to discovering new ones each morning. Big THANK YOU from Australia.