If you ever experience bloating, stomach cramps, indigestion, constipation, a weak immune system or even yeast infections, you may have had a friend or health professional mention probiotics as a solution. So what are probiotics, do they really work and are they for you? I’m going to try and break it down for you in a simple and factual way so you can make the call for yourself!
Alright so, our body naturally produces a number of probiotics a.k.a good bacteria that make up your intestinal flora. (Did I lose you already? Hang on, it’s not too complicated)
This good bacteria hangs out in your gut and protects you from dangerous microorganisms and bad bacteria that want to make you sick or uncomfortable so – it’s important for you to maintain a balanced level of this good bacteria.
70% of your immune system is found in your gut so having a strong defense is going to keep your overall health in check and will help in warding off infection especially when traveling or spending lots of time in public places ( like a germ infested gym eww) Plus, probiotics aid in the digestion and absorption of food and it’s nutrients. By improving digestion you can reduce or even eliminate symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, gas/bloating, or abdominal cramps.So to wrap that up;
Taking a daily probiotic supplement will help maintain a balanced level of good bacteria in your gut, improve digestion and increase immunity towards infection.
There are so many different products on the market that it can be hard to know what to buy. But I’ve done the research for you and have hand picked my favourite brand to save you some time (you’re welcome). Nova Probiotics. Now, I say Nova is my top pick for a number of reasons…
1. It’s made it Canada (yay Canada!)
2. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated so I can take it with me on the road
3. The price point is more than fair for the quality compared to other brands (do not cheap out on probiotics – you get what you pay for!!)
4. It comes in a sports formula that boosts energy levels, reduces inflammation, and speeds recovery.
5. And lastly, this may sound trivial, but the pills taste like sweet plum! I hate pills that have that nasty after taste so this is actually an important feature to me lol
So there you have it. If you’ve been on the fence about probiotics I hope I’ve given you the information you need to make the right choice for you! If you have any questions or comments please leave them below 🙂